Monday, May 9, 2011

Louise Nevelson's Found Art Sculptures

I did this project with my younger grades (K-3), but judging on how cool the older kids thought they were when they saw then littering my classroom; I could have done them with the whole school!

This project was so much fun to do.  It was a perfect way to introduce collaborative art too...

I collected various "found" objects (such as bottle caps, plastic cups, buttons, puzzle pieces, etc...) and organized them in a chip/dip bowl in the middle of the table.  Each student was instructed to pick two objects.  Then, one table at a time, they brought me their objects and we worked together to get them all glued down into our shoebox.

After it all dried, we painted them all one color to mimick the larger scale sculptures by artist Louise Nevelson.


No comments:

Post a Comment