Friday, May 20, 2011

Art Show!


 
The art show went off without a hitch this year.  Thanks to all of the parents, teachers, and staff who helped out.  It was wonderful.


 
Each year, I put on an art show.  I do my best to include at least one piece of artwork from every child in the school.  We have snacks and goodies to eat and I play music in the background.  It is so much fun to see the school gym transformed into a gallery.  Due to the sheer number of artpieces I have to hang up, I attach them to butcher paper first and label them.  Then, I adhere the butcher paper to the walls.

Instead of grouping art by class, or grade level, I keep art from the same project together. 
I like this, because it showcases the many different styles of our students among a single project.  I also include a sign by each project that tells a little bit about the art history inspiration, our art making process, and an image of art history examples.


No comments:

Post a Comment