Thursday, November 17, 2011

Picasso to Warhol

The High Museum of Art in Atlanta, Georgia has a fabulous exhibit going on right now called Picasso to Warhol.  I got the pleasure of seeing it myself a few weeks ago.  It is fabulous!  Low and behold, when I went to the AAEA fall conference the next weekend, there was a workshop about incorporating art from the exhibit into the classroom...of course I picked up the packet on that!

The show is so wonderful, and I kept thinking of my students as I passed Andy Warhol's soup cans and Joan Miro's funky "shape people" (that's what we called them in my class previously).  Never have I seen so many famous modern artists shown in one space.  The exhibit will be going on until April 29, 2012

If you get a chance, please check it out!  Even if you can't make the trip, check out their online resources.


Also, it's worth pointing out that while the show titled Picasso to Warhol, there are so many more wonderful artists included in the show.  The show has approximately 100 works of art created by 14 of the most iconic artists from the 20th century: Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Constantin Brancusi, Piet Mondrian, Fernand Léger, Marcel Duchamp, Giorgio De Chirico, Joan Miró, Romare Bearden, Alexander Calder, Jackson Pollock, Louise Bourgeois, Jasper Johns and Andy Warhol.

No comments:

Post a Comment