Monday, September 20, 2010

Underwater Mural

My first year teacing in the public schools, one of my principals jokingly told me, "Ok, this is your chance to outdo the last art teacher and prove you are a better artist!"  What she meant and what she explained to me, was that she wanted me to create a mural on one of our school walls.  Not ever having done such a thing, I was a little nervous, but in the end it turned out really cute.  I love the ocean and all of the whimsical creatures that are associated.  Also, i admittedly have a bit of an obsession with coral.  It's just so neat, intricate, and beautiful.  So, naturally, I decided to do an underwater scene for the mural.  I started by sketching things out with my all time favorite art supply, a black Sharpe marker.  Then, I painted everything in with acrylic paint.  This was my very first mural, so I was pretty pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment